Eckert & Ziegler Awards Grants to Young Scientists in Nuclear Medicine
This year’s Eckert & Ziegler Abstract Award went to five nuclear medicine specialists from Germany, Sweden and The Netherlands at the congress of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) in Vienna. The prizes were awarded for research work in the fields of oncological diagnostics.
The competition, which is run by Eckert & Ziegler AG in cooperation with the EANM and awards prizes of €1,000 each, was held for the tenth time. A jury of seven EANM members chose the following five laureates from a total of 689 entries:
- Ann-Christin Baranski, Germany: Dual-labeled PSMA-11 for PET/CT imaging and precise fluorescence guided intraoperative identification of prostate cancer
- Sandra Heskamp, Netherlands: Monitoring tumor PD-L1 expression with microSPECT/CT during radiotherapy
- Bogdan Mitran, Sweden: Radiocobalt-labeled anti-HER1 affibody molecule DOTA-ZEGFR:2377 for imaging of low HER1 expression in prostate cancer pre-clinical model
- Christoph Rischpler, Germany: First experience using LMI1195 in patients with the suspicion of pheochromocytoma or paraganglioma
- Marcus Unterrainer, Germany: TSPO-PET for high-grade glioma imaging using the novel ligand [18F]GE-180 – first in human results in the course of radiotherapy
“With its Travel Award, Eckert & Ziegler assists young scientists in making their research results in the field of medical imaging available to a broad public,” explained Dr. André Heß, Member of the Executive Board of Eckert & Ziegler AG and Head of the Radiopharma Segment.
About Eckert & Ziegler
Eckert & Ziegler Strahlen- und Medizintechnik AG (ISIN DE0005659700), with approximately 760 employees, is one the world’s largest providers of isotope technology for radiation therapy and nuclear medicine.
Contributing to saving lives.
For further information or questions, please contact:
Eckert & Ziegler AG, Karolin Riehle, Investor Relations Robert-Rössle-Str. 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 / 94 10 84-138, email@example.com, www.ezag.com
Note: The press release has been copied from www.ezag.com